Features & Benefits
Save time, money, and increase your team's agility by incorporating state-of-the art functional test automation into your application delivery process. MonkeyTalk is a free and open source, cross-platform, functional testing tool that records and plays back highly readable and maintainable test scripts for native iOS and Android apps, as well as mobile web and hybrid apps .
- Works with simulators and actual devices (no jailbreaking required)
- Works with all major desktop browsers
- Easy enough to be used by testers of all experience levels, but also includes the advanced features automation engineers require to build custom automation frameworks.
- Unlike other automation tools that rely on image-based recording, MonkeyTalk uses true object-based recording. Image-based tools try to identify things like buttons, tables, and text by looking at the pixels on the screen. MonkeyTalk looks "inside" your app to understand exactly what user interactions are being performed.
- Object-based scripting produces more readable and maintainable scripts that are far-less brittle than scripts that rely on image recognition.
- MonkeyTalk records high-level, readable functional test scripts, not low-level event streams
- Whether your app is iOS or Android, the MonkeyTalk commands are the same. You can even record a test on one platform and play it back on another.
- Run your tests interactively or integrate with your builds and continuous integration.
MonkeyTalk is a simple, extensible scripting language that provides powerful features including:
- Script Parameterization
- Expected result verifications
|Enter username "user01"||Input username enterText user01||app.input("username").enterText
|Enter password "mysecret"||Input password enterText mysecret||app.input("password").enterText
|Hit the "Login" button||Button Login tap||app.button("login").tap();|
|Verify msg says "Hello, user01"||Label msg verify "Hello, user01"||app.label("msg").verify